This blog is a way for me to share hard learned lessons about money with those who are just starting out on their own. I hope it's a way for you to avoid making the mistakes I made, and to benefit from my experiences

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Best Free Web Apps Contest - $15 Amazon Gift Certificate

I'm conducting a contest. I'm looking for the best of the best of free web applications. I'll give you two examples of my favorites.

  1. Yahoo Mail - With their Beta version, they've essentially created a web based email and contact manager, that functions a lot like Outlook. I've completely abandoned Outlook in favor of it. And because I'm an AT&T DSL subscriber, I've got something like 2GB of searchable email storage.
  2. Zoho.com - They've got excellent web based office applications like email, spreadsheet, word processor, etc., including an incredible online CRM that is very similar to Salesforce.com, that is free to individuals or very small businesses, and very bargain based for others. They also have project management tooks, customizable databases.
I'm running this contest for two reasons. The first is to find out how many people actually see this blog and the second is to hopefully find some really good free web applications.

The winner will receive a $15 Amazon.com certificate.

Here are the rules.

  1. All entries must be emailed to this email address nohgxiwx9071yph@jetable.org You must provide your email address so I can send the gift certificate. I promise I won't send any spam.
  2. You must also post your entry as a comment. Sorry, I wasn't smart enough to figure out how to derive your email from your comment, without asking you to blatantly put it in the comment.
  3. You must provide the name of the web app and why you think it is among the best. Also include a link to it. Remember, it has to be free!
  4. All entries must be received no later than September 5th at 11:59:59 pm Pacific Daylight Time.
  5. Winner will be chosen by me based on how much I like the web app.
  6. Winner's name and entry will be posted and gift certificate sent no later than September 10th.

Good luck

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd like to share my favorite web app. It is Google Notebook. I am a clutterbug when it comes to browsing, saving information, bookmarking and downloading complete pages- all for the sake of a snippet of information. Google Notebook is a browser add-in that allows the user to right click a block of information, and add it to an online "notes" system. This has been especially helpful for me as a grad student doing my thesis work. In sourcing text, I normally would have to copy and paste blocks of info onto Word or notepad, and copy and paste the URL and other specifics. Then save to a flash drive and reopen on my computer at home or elsewhere. Now, I can skip all of that, simply access my information whereever I am, add a few notes, and quickly open and retrieve. This has saved me quite a hassle from having to spelunk through the dreaded "favorites" list or links that I've sent to my desktop but have sooner disappeared.

Google Notebook
http://www.google.com/notebook/?utm_campaign=gnb&utm_source=us-et-labs

Philip

9/05/2006 4:07 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home